Lime Access in Ithaca
Bike Walk Tompkins and Lime are happy to announce Lime Access, a program that increases access to Ithaca's newest transportation system for people without smartphones, bank cards, or people who live in a low income household. Lime Access users can text-to-unlock bikes, pay in cash, and receive 100 rides of up to 30 mins for $5. Regardless of the method chosen, activation of Lime Access may take up to 2 business days.
Visit the Ithaca Carshare office in the lower floor of the Dewitt Mall (215 N Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY) during business hours (Mon-Fri 12-5 PM). Please bring a photo ID, your payment of $5, and (if applicable) proof of low income status such as an EBT card.
- Full Name
- Phone Number (this number should be for the phone you plan to use for LimeBike)
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- Proof of low income status (e.g. EBT card, discounted utility bill, or any other state or federally-run assistance program document)
Once qualified for Lime Access, you will receive instructions to request a PayNearMe payment code. To complete payment:
- Take your PayNearMe payment code to a participating payment location
- Currently, the CVS on S Meadow St is the only PayNearMe location in Ithaca
- Show the payment code to the clerk and pay with cash
- Keep your receipt as proof of payment
Lime Access registration is often available at events that we participate in. Come to our table at the events in our event calendar on Facebook and ask to sign up for Lime Access.
If you have an event or group of people that would benefit from Lime Access, we can also come to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Note: This option is not appropriate for group bicycle rides due to the delay between registration and activation. To arrange a group ride, we suggest contacting one of our local bike rental shops.